Man Who Allegedly Shot at Minneapolis Protesters Charged

By Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):

12:30 p.m.

Prosecutors are filing charges against four men who were arrested last week after shots were fired at demonstrators protesting the killing of a black man by police.

Twenty-two-year-old Allen Lawrence Scarsella, of Lakeville, is charged with one count of riot while armed with a dangerous weapon and five counts of assault with a dangerous weapon.

The criminal complaint says Scarsella fired the shots that left five protesters injured on Nov. 23.

Prosecutors plan to announce charges against three other men on Monday afternoon.

The shooting happened near a police precinct where dozens of protesters have been camped since the Nov. 15 fatal shooting of Jamar Clark.

Police say Clark was fatally shot after struggling with officers. But some people who said they saw the shooting allege the 24-year-old was handcuffed.

___

11:55 a.m.

One of five people who was shot and wounded last week outside a Minneapolis police station says he has no plans to stop demonstrating despite pleas from city leaders.

Eighteen-year-old Wesley Martin was among some two dozen people at the encampment Monday outside a north …read more

Source:: Black America Web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>